ShapeShapeauthorShapechevroncrossShapeShapeShapeGrouphamburgerhomeGroupmagnifyShapeShapeShaperssShape

Monthly US Turkey Hatchery Report

by 5m Editor
15 January 2008, at 6:45am

US - Turkey eggs in incubators up 1% from last year, report the National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS).

Eggs in Incubators on January 1 Up 1 Percent from Last Year

Turkey eggs in incubators on January 1, 2008, in the United States totaled 31.5 million, up 1 percent from January 1, 2007. Eggs in incubators were up 4 percent from the December 1, 2007 total of 30.2 million eggs. Regional changes from the previous year were: East North Central down 9 percent, West North Central up 2 percent, North and South Atlantic up 8 percent, and South Central and West down 3 percent.

Poults Hatched During December Up 2 Percent from Last Year

Turkey poults hatched during December 2007, in the United States totaled 24.9 million, up 2 percent from December 2006. Poults hatched were down 3 percent from the November 2007 total of 25.8 million poults. Regional changes from the previous year were: East North Central down 5 percent, West North Central up 7 percent, North and South Atlantic up 4 percent, and South Central and West down 9 percent.

Net Poults Placed During December Up 1 Percent from Last Year

The 24.1 million net poults placed during December 2007 in the United States were up 1 percent from the number placed during the same month a year earlier. Net placements were down 3 percent from the November 2007 total of 24.8 million.


To view the full report, including tables, please click here

5m Editor