ShapeShapeauthorShapechevroncrossShapeShapeShapeGrouphamburgerhomeGroupmagnifyShapeShapeShaperssShape

Monthly US Turkey Hatchery Report

by 5m Editor
15 December 2008, at 1:41p.m.

US - Turkey eggs in incubators down 10 per cent, report the National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS).

Eggs in Incubators on December 1 Down 10 Per cent from Last Year

Turkey eggs in incubators on December 1, 2008, in the United States totaled 27.3 million, down 10 per cent from December 1, 2007. Eggs in incubators were down 1 per cent from the November 1, 2008 total of 27.5 million eggs. Regional changes from the previous year were: East North Central down 11 per cent, West North Central down 7 per cent, North and South Atlantic down 8 per cent, and South Central and West down 22 per cent.

Poults Hatched During November Down 14 Per cent from Last Year

Turkey poults hatched during November 2008, in the United States totaled 22.1 million, down 14 per cent from November 2007. Poults hatched were down 5 per cent from October 2008 total of 23.3 million poults. Regional changes from the previous year were: East North Central down 12 per cent, West North Central down 12 per cent, North and South Atlantic down 9 per cent, and South Central and West down 38 per cent.

Net Poults Placed During November Down 14 Percent from Last Year

The 21.3 million net poults placed during November 2008 in the United States were down 14 per cent from the number placed during the same month a year earlier. Net placements were down 4 per cent from the October 2008 total of 22.2 million.

Further Reading

- You can view the full report by clicking here.